Programming Certifications Added to LEAD’s Talented Web Development Service
As the world shifted to work-from-home offices amid a global pandemic, LEAD tasked our employees with attending virtual events and conferences, take online courses, and complete certifications that would otherwise be hard to do because of travel.
Our Web Developer Ahmad took full advantage of the online courses and certifications available to him. We asked him about the courses he took, the certifications he received, and how these add value to our team and our clients.
In this course, I had improved my foundational programming concepts. In addition, I learned and implemented modern and advanced web development techniques as I built web pages using cutting-edge technologies and frameworks. This course enhanced my skills when it comes to building interactive pages and front-end features.
After completing the course, I was able to:
- Think critically about how to solve a problem using programming;
- Use HTML to construct a web page with paragraphs, divs, images, links, and lists;
- Add styles to a web page with CSS IDs and classes; and
The second course I took ties more into helping in the process of problem-solving. This course is called Java Programming: Solving Problems with Software.
In this course, I learned to code in Java and improved my programming and problem-solving skills overall. I learned to design algorithms as well as develop and debug programs. Using custom open-source classes, I wrote programs that access and transform images, websites, and other data types. At the end of the course, I built a program that determines the popularity of different baby names in the US over time by analyzing comma-separated value (CSV) files.
After completing this course, I was able to:
- Edit, compile, and run a Java program;
- Use conditionals and loops in a Java program;
- Use Java API documentation in writing programs.
- Debug a Java program using the scientific method;
- Write a Java method to solve a specific problem;
- Develop a set of test cases as part of developing a program;
- Create a class with multiple methods that work together to solve a problem; and
- Use divide-and-conquer design techniques for a program that uses multiple methods.
Overall, in both of the certification courses, I learned to implement modern software and websites using cutting-edge technology frameworks that help build perfect software and websites. Interested in seeing these certificates come into play on your website? Get started with LEAD today.